Quinn Pictures • Jonathan Quinn

An approach.

All images and words are mine unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved etc.

Please visit me: quinnpicture.com

or my old site: quinnpictures.com
or drop me a line: jonathanpquinn@yahoo.com
or come visit me in my studio in Bushwick, Brooklyn


Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Two Small Paintings


A painting can be many things --including as subordinate to a photograph.  This is not my intent. I hope that these paintings stand apart from representational documentation (a photograph) and transcend the constraints of an imprint of a moment from the past.

Somewhere (on a body of water) the confluence of light, water, wind and mist form up in the exact way they appear in the paintings at the moment they are being viewed. The paintings I make are a window onto "the now" while photography, and the opening and closing of a shutter, is always about what happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment