Quinn Pictures • Jonathan Quinn

An approach.

All images and words are mine unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved etc.

Please visit me: quinnpicture.com

or my old site: quinnpictures.com
or drop me a line: jonathanpquinn@yahoo.com
or come visit me in my studio in Bushwick, Brooklyn


Thursday, December 3, 2009

Messkirch, Memory and Association


After taking this photograph I realized that I was not too far from Messkirch --the town where Martin Heidegger was born.
This part of Germany reminded me of the rambling farm land of upstate New York or Pennsylvania that I knew so well as a child. My association between a manicured, European landscape and a North American facsimile corresponds with both the intention of the European settlers who cultivated the land in a manner consistent with their homeland and a personal inclination to identify something new with something familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment