Quinn Pictures • Jonathan Quinn

An approach.

All images and words are mine unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved etc.

Please visit me: quinnpicture.com

or my old site: quinnpictures.com
or drop me a line: jonathanpquinn@yahoo.com
or come visit me in my studio in Bushwick, Brooklyn


Monday, March 3, 2014

The Ramp and the Wheel

2014, Mixed Media, 30X40"
In the photograph it appears as if the wheel rolled down the ramp. When the camera made its exposure it captured the instant the wheel started to pick up speed. Or, has the wheel remained stationary and the camera was positioned at an angle? Either way –photography is always an imprint from the past. The reason photography's assets and limitations are important to discuss is because the past is in jeopardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment